Annual Wisconsin Sijo Competition
Deadline: January 18, 2021 (11.59pm CST)
The Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Sejong Cultural Society are delighted to announce the introduction of a new annual sijo competition. This competition is only open to residents of Wisconsin.
The competition is now closed.
Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to everyone who participated!
We hope to see your submissions again next year.
- Adult (age 19 and older)
- Senior (ages 14-18)
- Junior (age 13 and younger)
- Contestants must be legal residents of Wisconsin. Those temporarily residing out of state (e.g., military members or college students) are allowed to participate.
- Contestants must participate in the division appropriate for their age. Younger contestants may not apply to a higher division.
- One sijo per contestant is permitted.
- All entries must be written in English. If Korean or another language is included, the entry will be judged on its English content alone.
- A title for the sijo is not required.
- Entries must be submitted using our application form (above). Entries submitted via email will not be accepted.
- The Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Sejong Cultural Society reserve the right to reprint any entry submitted to the Wisconsin Sijo Competition in future publications.
- Adult division: Grand Prize ($400), two Runners-Up ($200 each)
- Senior division: Grand Prize ($300), two Runners-Up ($150 each)
- Junior division: Grand Prize ($200), two Runners-Up ($100 each)
- The judges may decline to award a prize.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.